Outstanding solutions in the machinery industry have something in common: they always result in above-average performance, exceptional technology and a high degree of creativity.
And that's exactly why NUM has established a worldwide reputation in the tool and machine industry. We develop complex, tailor-made CNC automation solutions that guarantee both the machine manufacturer and the user maximum added value. The successes of NUM are decisively driven by the know-how and personal commitment of our employees. To complement our dedicated team, we are looking for one
Customer Service Technician - Controls/Systems FULL TIME
A global leader in the Industrial Machine Automation marketplace is seeking a qualified and experienced Customer Service Tech for our systems integration business.
Specializing in CNC (computer numerical controls) and related electrical and electronic controls and servomotors system, our company provides product support and integration services for OEM machine tool systems targeted to the automotive, aerospace and job shop industries.
The position of customer service technician encompasses the following duties:
- Diagnosis and repair related equipment described above to the board level.
- Level one help desk customer phone support for CNC systems.
- Logistics support of service related product shipping/returns/exchanges.
- Configuration and quality control of new CNC systems for shipment.
- Trade show setup and booth duty.
- Occasional travel less than 20%.
The candidate selected for this position would have a technical degree with background in several of the following key areas:
- Minimum of 2-year technical degree or the equivalent certificate with emphasis in math, electronics, computer systems and software.
- Self-starter, highly organized and motivated, and be able to interface with customers on all levels.
- Some machine shop experience either in school or in the workplace.
- Familiarity with personal computers, WIN XP, WIN 7 and MS-Office.
- Exposure or experience with at least one programming language like Visual Basic, C or Java.
- Some foreign language skills.
- Product returns, testing, analysis and processing.
- Inventory management.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Associate’s degree.
If we have sparked your interest, please send your resume to Richard McNichols.
603 East Diehl Road, Suite 115
Naperville, IL 60563-4909
Download the job description as PDF177385