NUM Corporation is currently seeking a full-time Customer Service Technician to join us in the Naperville, IL office. NUM is a global leader in the Machine Automation and CNC industry specializing in custom-built and high-end solutions.
Specializing in CNC (computer numerical controls), PLCs, Industrial PCs, and related electrical and electronic systems including servo motor and drive systems; our company provides product support and integration services to OEM machine tool builders. Our customers manufacture machines for a variety of different large and small industries including (but not limited to) the aerospace, automotive, and energy sectors.
Customer Service Technician
The customer service technician will be responsible for:
- Diagnosis and repair of related equipment above the board level
- Level one help desk customer phone support for CNC systems
- Logistics support of service related product shipping/returns/exchanges
- Configuration and quality control of new CNC systems for shipment
- Trade show setup and booth duty
- Occasional travel less than 20%
Candidates should have a technical or associate’s degree with working knowledge and understanding in several key areas:
- Experience with mathematics, electronics, computer systems and software
- Self-starter, highly organized and motivated, and be able to interface with customers on all levels
- Some machine shop experience either in school or in the workplace
- Familiarity with personal computers and Windows operating systems as well as Microsoft Office software
- Exposure to at least one programming language such as Visual Basic, C, or Java
- Experience with product returns, testing, analysis and order processing
- Experience with inventory management
Candidates should also have strong verbal and interpersonal skills and some foreign language skills. The ability to work on a team and individually will be important, and the position requires the technician to be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 630 505 7754
603 East Diehl Road, Suite 115
Naperville, IL 60563 (US)
Phone: +1 630 505 77 22
Download the job description as PDF341413