History

The history of more than 50 years of NUM is briefly explained.

NUM AG's roots can be traced back to three companies:

1957
Establishment of the Güttinger AG, Switzerland, developer of electronic systems.

1967
Establishment of Servomac, Italy, developer of motors and servo drives.

1978
Establishment of the NUM SA, France (as a subsidiary of Telemecanique), developer of CNC systems.

1981
Güttinger AG is taken over by NUM SA. New company name in Switzerland: NUM Güttinger AG. In the following years, branch offices will be opened in the USA, Great Britain, Italy and Spain.

1990
NUM SA takes over Servomac.

Mid 90s
Telemecanique, the mother company of NUM SA, merges with Schneider-Electric conglomerate. NUM held a special position focusing on the CNC automation high-tech sector there. 

2006
On February 1st, NUM and all of its global subsidiaries were taken over by an investor and the management and merged into the NUM Group. Simultaneously the headquarters were transferred from Paris to Teufen. Today, NUM operates 11 technology centers globally (NTC; NUM Technology Center), which focus on application development, sales and service. Also, NUM supports numerous agents and contact points.

2013
Construction of the new logistics center at the location of the NUM headquarters in Teufen. With the solar panels on the roof of the new building produces 2/3 of the overall energy needed at the site in Teufen.

2016
NUM is celebrating its 10 years of independence as NUM Group and looks confidently torwards the future.